Wednesday 20 August 2014

Top 5 MAC Lipsticks


Recently I have been building my collection of MAC lipsticks. Because I have so many I think I should share with you my top five.

My top five lipsticks range from nudes to purples and it will definitely have a shade suitable for the time of year you are reading this post. 


I have recently been loving MAC lipstick; I love all of the formulas because each one provides a different finish and I'm glad that I have a wide enough range to pick one out for different occasions. 

 


The colours from left to right are: Shy Girl, Angel, Lustering, Lickable and Rebel.

Shy Girl


Shy girl is one of my all time favourites. The formula of this lipstick is perfect and glides on without imperfections.

It is a peachy nude colour with specks of gold meaning it is very warming on the lips. It is part of the creme-sheen collection meaning it is slightly glossy but not too overpowering. It is a perfect nude for all skin types!

The colour pay-off is an opaque, natural nude with a slight glossy finish - perfect to pair with a smokey eye or heavy top makeup.

However, this lipstick does not go well on  chapped lips as it clumps on the dry patches. So make sure you exfoliate your lips before use. This makes it apply more smoothly and look more sleek.

Overall, I would recommend this for anyone with the need of a quick fix throughout the day and those who want natural looking nude lips without the drying matte finish.

Angel


Angel is another one of my most used lipsticks. It it in the formula 'frost' which means it has a pearly shine which makes it glisten on the lips.

The coverage is sheer when first applied but it can be built up to a lovely baby pink colour. It is a very wearable lipstick for everyday and that is probably why it is one of MAC's best selling lipsticks.

Angel is a nude pink with a lilac undertone, in my opinion I think it looks better on paler skin and it will look washed out on more tanned skin.

Perhaps if you have darker skin tone, then putting a brighter gloss over the top might make it more suitable, but all in all; if you like pink nudes, you will love this lipstick as it is a very classic, easy to wear, baby pink colour; perfect with any makeup look.

Lustering



I love Lustering. It is a watermelon pink colour, perfect for spring. It is a bright colour without looking overly bold and too out there.

The lustre formula makes it very creamy and moisturising and it is perfect with any skintone.

I love wearing this lipstick as a statement lip as I think it has the perfect amount of colour. The colour is very build able and you can choose the intensity you would like, depending on where you are going.

The only downside to this lipstick is that it doesn't have a very good staying power and it needs to be reapplied after eating and drinking. However this is not a problem to me and reapplying does my bother me.

Lickable



Lickable was the first lipstick I ever bought from MAC, and one of the best. 
It is my favourite formula; creme-sheen which provides a glossy finish like Shy Girl. 

Lickable is a bright blue-toned pink which means it makes teeth look whiter when applied. It looks a lot like Girl About Town however it is lighter and contains a little bit of shimmer. 

This is one of the most long lasting lipsticks I have ever worn which is perfect for long busy days, and it even survives food and drink with no excess on the glass or cutlery.

I love how it is very wearable during all seasons and can look very suitable at all occasions.

This is the perfect hot pink colour for anyone in need of something more interesting and brighter than the average nude. This is why it's in my Top Five!

Rebel


Rebel is my all time favourite MAC lipstick. I love the dark vampy colour which makes it perfect for the winter months.

Rebel is a cream dark plum colour with a satin finish. It is the only lipstick I own with a satin finish and I really like the way it looks.

Definitely don't be put off by the look of it in the packaging, because it looks very different once it has been swatched, lighter and more like the plum colour MAC describes. 

Me and my friend both bought this at the same time last winter and we are both so glad we did! I will defiantly be repurchasing it once it runs out as it a a staple product during the colder months.


All of the MAC lipsticks I have shown smell like vanilla which is a bonus when applying it.

They all retail at £15.00 and can be purchased in a few places. 

They all come in the legendary black and silver bullet shape as they are all permanent shades.

Do you own any of these lipsticks? If so leave a comment to tell me what you think of them and let me know which  ones you think I should try out.

Hope you enjoyed my first blog post and hopefully I will continue to do more in the future.

Bye!

Nails - Encore and Glitter Jingle Belle by Ciate

www.maccosmetics.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I recommend russian red , its a romantic colour to be worn on nights out I think .Its a classy colour its really pretty x

    ReplyDelete